Page 1 of 2
AVON AND SOMERSET POLICE AUTHORITY
4 SEPTEMBER 2009
REPORT OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE
UPDATE SCHEME OF DELEGATION, STANDING ORDERS AND
1. To update Members with the changes to the Scheme of Delegation,
Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
2. The Scheme of Delegation, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
have been subject to a period of review by the Police Authority office and
Key Constabulary Stakeholders. A final consultation is to be undertaken in
line with Southwest One processes and partnership financial limits,
although the current interim review updates the Scheme and Standing
Orders to date. We include revised drafts and a table summarising the key
3. The revised versions of these documents were adopted under Standing
Order 51 as an urgency matter, These revised versions are therefore
being reported to the full Authority.
4. Further changes will be made to these documents following the full
implementation of SAP under Southwest One to reflect the revised
5. The Scheme of Delegation details the requirements for each Committee to
consider the equality issues falling within its remit. Standing Orders and
Financial Regulations detail arrangements for contracting and
procurement which promote fair and transparent processes.
6. Members are asked to note the updates made to the Scheme of
Delegation, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.